Elder Law Attorneys and Medicaid Lawyers, Veterans Aid and Attendance Benefits and Pension in Jacksonville, Florida
Why Should I Hire an Elder Law Attorney?
Florida elder law attorneys and Medicaid lawyers deal with legal issues that impact elderly clients, including Medicaid planning:
- Health and personal care planning which include powers of attorney and living wills, lifetime planning, and family issues;
- Fiduciary (financial) representation, housing opportunities and financing, income, estate, and gift tax matters;
- Planning for a well spouse when the other spouse requires long term care, asset protection, public benefits such as Medicaid benefits for the aged and disabled, insurance, and veteran’s benefits;
- Capacity, guardianship, and guardianship avoidance;
- Resident rights in long-term care facilities and nursing home claims;
- Employment and retirement matters, age or disability discrimination, and grandparents’ rights.
- Will and trust planning, planning for minor or adult special needs children, and probate;
- Life care planning- planning for all aspects of aging, illness, and incapacity. A Florida elder law attorney is a practitioner who is particularly sensitive to the legal issues impacting elder clients.
If you need the assistance of Florida elder law attorneys and Medicaid lawyers in Jacksonville, or the northeast Florida area, please call us toll free at 1-866-501-9099 or locally at 904-448-1969.
What is Elder Law in Florida?
Do All Florida Attorneys Practice Elder Law?
Experienced elder law attorneys and Medicaid lawyers in Jacksonville, Florida are aware of the physical and mental difficulties that often accompany the aging process. Because of their broad knowledge base, the Florida elder law attorney is able to more thoroughly address the legal needs of their elderly clients, and to assist in Medicaid planning in Jacksonville, Florida to protect the client’s assets from being exhausted through the cost of nursing home care.
What is long term care?
According to Time Magazine, elder law attorneys and Medicaid lawyers stand out from other attorneys as kinder, gentler attorneys. The focus of an elder law attorney in Florida is on the older client and their families and how to best assure their client’s quality of life during their final years rather than just on disposition of assets. Elder law is often considered a well blended mix of law and social work.
The Jacksonville, Florida elder law attorneys and Medicaid lawyers associated with The Coleman Law Firm, PLLC, can help you in all aspects of providing legal counsel to you and your family concerning you elder law needs and Medicaid benefits planning and eligibility in Florida, including the preparation and implementation of a Medicaid spenddown plan and filing the application for Medicaid benefits with the Florida Department of Children and Families, and obtaining VA pension and aid and attendance benefits for veterans. If you need the assistance of an Florida elder law attorney, please contact your Jacksonville lawyer for elder law matters at (904) 448-1969, toll free at 1-866-501-9099 or email us atInfo@TheColemanLawFirm.net. We are a participating attorney in the AARP Legal Services Network.
For more information about asset protection planning read The Florida Asset Protection and Estate Planning Blog.