Links of Interest
Estate Planning, Asset Protection, Small Business Law, Elder Law and Probate Links of Interest
Estate Planning and Probate Links to Sites of Interest – On-Line Resources For You And Your Family
Come back here for updated links to sites of interest to you and your family.
- The Florida Supreme Court, Florida case law from the Florida Supreme Court and other appellate courts.
- Florida Clerks of Court , a site that lists all of Florida’s 67 Clerks of Court websites.
- Florida Tax Collectors . a site that lists all of Florida’s County Tax Collectors websites. A good resource for obtaining the status of county taxes on a Florida property.
- Florida Property Appraisers, A site that lists all of Florida’s County Property Appraisers’ websites.
- Florida Division of Corporations, to obtain information about corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and liens.
- Florida Unclaimed Property Search, locate property that has been turned over to the State of Florida because the owner can not be located.
- Florida Department of Elder Affairs, programs administered by the State of Florida for the benefit of elderly citizens, including information about abuse of the elderly, nursing home abuse, nursing home care, financial abuse of the elderly, Medicare and Medicaid planning.
- Florida Agency for Health Care Administration , information about Medicaid eligibility and the regulation of nursing homes, including nursing home abuse.
- Florida Department of Children and Families (DCAF), information about Medicaid eligibility, apply for Medicaid benefits, including nursing home benefits (Institution Care Program).
- Social Security Administration ( 800-772-1213 )
- Veterans Administration ( 800-827-1000 )
- Civil Service Personnel Management Office ( 888-767-6738 )
- DFAS Casualty Assistance Office (Cleveland) ( 800-269-5170 )
- Office of Service Members Life Insurance ( 800-419-1473 )
- FDIC Guide to Calculating Deposit Insurance Coverage for Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
- U.S.Vital Statistics – a site that provides a listing for all state Departments of Vital Statistics (a good resource for information on ordering certified copies of death certificates.)
- Dept. of Public Debt, U.S. Treasury, for information on the transfer of ownership of U.S. Treasury bills, notes and bonds.
- Internal Revenue Service, estate tax information and income tax requirements for probate and trust estates, forms, publications and IRS provided information.
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Agency on Aging, federal programs and services related to aging
General Legal Resources
- The Florida Bar, information for the public about various Florida legal topics and Florida lawyers.
- ABA National Commission on Law and Aging, whose mission it is to strengthen and secure the legal rights, dignity, autonomy, quality of life, and quality of care of elders. It carries out this mission through research, policy development, technical assistance, advocacy, education, and training.
- Stock Transfer Agent Resources, find the transfer agent for any public company free.
- Senior Law Resources, a wide variety of sources of information, products and services for seniors, including Medicaid planning.
- ElderlawAnswers.com, information about long term care planning, asset protection, and qualifying for Medicaid benefits.
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys, information about long term care planning, estate planning, asset protection, and Medicaid planning.
- Elder Law Attorneys Directory – listing of elder law attorneys nationwide.
- Senior Net, information and support of specific issues of interest to seniors, including asset protection, estate planning, and Medicaid planning.
- National Senior Citizens Law Center, The National Senior Citizens Law Center advocates before the courts, Congress and federal agencies to promote the independence and well-being of low-income elderly and disabled Americans.
- National Care Planning Council, information about long term care planning, organizations to assist with long term care planning, how to pay for long term care, and information for those who provide long term care to elderly adults.
- Florida Care Planning Council, information about long term care planning, assistance with long term care planning and related matters.
- National Guardianship Association , information about guardianships, the duties and responsibilities of guardians, and the legal issues associated with guardianships.
- Legal Information Institute, a general compendium of legal information provided by Cornell University.
- Long Term Care Planning – Medicaid Planning. Learn how to plan for long term care for the elderly, how to qualify for Medicaid benefits, and how to preserve the family’s assets when institutional care is required for your loved ones.
- FindLaw Legal Resources. A comprehensive listing of legal resources available throughout the Internet, including attorney finder, laws, cases, and much more.
- Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Information. Detailed information and frequently asked questions about Medicaid and Medicare, including information for state specific Medicaid planning issues.
- Medicare Nursing Home Comparisons. Identify nursing homes within the geographical area of interest.
- Mutual Fund Education Center. The Mutual Fund INVESTOR’S CENTER™ is designed to serve as an important resource for investors who want to use mutual funds to reach their financial goals. Here, you’ll find largest collection of mutual fund companies, website links, fund listings and exclusive planning, tracking and monitoring tools available on the Internet.
- National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators. Check to see if you have missing property that is being held by a State unclaimed property administrator.
- AARP Legal Services Network. A member benefit for AARP members and their spouses/ partners and provides easy access to a large directory of attorneys. Where available, these attorneys have agreed to provide specific services to AARP members and their spouses/partners. Our law firm is an AARP participating attorney for wills, trusts, estate planning, probate administration, trust administration, advance directives, powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney, living wills, and guardianship.
- USA Attorneys Directory: USA-Attorney-Directory.com is a free attorney locator directory that can help you find the right attorney quickly and easily for all of your legal needs, including family lawyers, criminal defense lawyers, and personal injury lawyers.
- US City.net – A compendium of national and local business directories.
DON’T SEE IT HERE? Looking for a specific Florida probate resource but can’t find it? Call us in northeast Florida at (904) 448-1969, or toll free at 888-492-2468 or email info@TheColemanLawFirm.net and we’ll help you find the information you need or want.
The Jacksonville Florida estate planning, asset protection, Florida probate, Florida guardianship, small business planning, business succession planning, business entity selection and formation, Florida Medicaid planning and Florida elder law lawyers and attorneys with the Coleman Law Firm, in Jacksonville, Florida, offer their services as Florida estate planning, Florida probate, Florida elder law, Florida Medicaid planning, Florida asset protection, small business law, wills & trusts, and Florida guardianship lawyers and attorneys primarily in Northeast Florida including the following counties, towns, and cities: Duval County – Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach; St. Johns County – St. Augustine, Ponte Vedra Beach, Nocatee, St. Augustine Beach; Clay County – Orange Park, Middleburg, Green Cove Springs; Nassau County – Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach, Yulee, Callahan; Flagler County – Flagler Beach, Palm Coast, Bunnell; Baker County – Macclenny, Glen St. Mary; Putnam County – Palatka, Interlachen; Columbia County – Lake City, Fort White; and in other parts of Florida as requested or necessary. We are a participating attorney in the AARP Legal Services Network.